Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 74

Thread: Deep Throat

  1. #61
    Alex
    Guest Alex's Avatar

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alex:
    Perhaps you have forgotten Roger, but someone made a joke about saying skank earlier in this thread.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    I said the word "skank". I didn't call anyone a skank. I just find it odd that you make a big deal out of someone insulting you but feel free to insult others, that's all.

    Roger

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Roger, I wasn't accusing you of anything...

    It was 8th man's comment that got the skank ball really rolling.

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 8th Man:
    Alex,
    I think you are pushing this discussion to see how many time you can use the word "skank" in one topic.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


    That is the original comment I was referring to. And as I recall, you referred to it in a joking manner, and so did I.

    Sheesh.

    Marilyn Monroe was a "Skank" Symbol, not a Sex Symbol.

    Unfortunately, us men get taken in by skanks, and in the process, women with more class, real sex symbols, get completely ignored, and their careers die out before they start.

    Somehow standing up for woman who had class but were beat out by skank power makes me anti-women, go figure.

    It does make me anti-skank, however.

    ------------------
    Alex

    [This message has been edited by Alex (edited October 22, 2001).]

  2. #62
    Alex
    Guest Alex's Avatar

    Post

    Chas, your original "comment" contributed nothing to the discussion. It was off topic. And it wasn't true. It was the epitomy of "flaming".

    Now you defend the comments, or smolder.

    Hopefully, you'll finish the cycle.



    ------------------
    Alex

  3. #63
    chas_ucla
    Guest chas_ucla's Avatar

    Post

    Alex,

    I won't even go into the millions of "off-topic" comments you've made in this forum since you became a member.
    That's partially why I made that comment in the first place.

    While you do have technical know-how and you can make the occasional brilliant comment, a lot of what you write is rubbish and boring dreck.
    (I note that you have conveniently decided to drop the "slander" aspect of your attack. I guess you finally realized you had no real leg to stand on.)

    Now get a life.

    ------------------


    [This message has been edited by chas_ucla (edited October 22, 2001).]

  4. #64
    chas_ucla
    Guest chas_ucla's Avatar

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alex:
    Chas used your question as a reason to attack and slander me. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    I had a great weekend, did some work on Illustrator, went to 8 gallery openings and drank tons of free alcohol, then saw the new Richard Linklater movie, "Waking Life" with a bunch of friends...kinda forgot all about this silly business until I logged into work this morning. It's nice to have a life, I must say.

    I see Alex is ranting again. Ok, let's tie up some loose strings here. First of all, the dictionary definition of "slander" is this:
    "the utterance of false charges or misrepresentations which defame and damage another's reputation."
    My, I really damaged your reputation, didn't I, Alex? I see you have been working overtime in defending yourself against...what? I merely stated that you spend a lot of time on the Hostboard.
    that's about it.
    Did I state that you were a lousy video editor (apparently the way you make a living)?
    No.
    Did I state you were a bad filmmaker?
    No. (though I do find it interesting that you spend so much time on a Super-8 board without having made a film in over a decade -- but we won't dwell on that).
    Did I say you were a bad person?
    No.
    I'm not the first person on the board to have a problem with you.
    Anytime anyone states anything that puts you on the defensive you go into this hypersensitive attack mode. I guess you forgot the long debates between you and some of the others on this board.
    I don't think I'm the one with the problem, friend.

    ------------------

  5. #65
    MovieStuff
    Guest MovieStuff's Avatar

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alex:
    Perhaps you have forgotten Roger, but someone made a joke about saying skank earlier in this thread.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    I said the word "skank". I didn't call anyone a skank. I just find it odd that you make a big deal out of someone insulting you but feel free to insult others, that's all.

    Roger

  6. #66
    Alex
    Guest Alex's Avatar

    Post

    It was slander. Although considering the source, we'll just call it coloring with crayons.

    Now turn the page and start anew.

    ------------------
    Alex

  7. #67
    chas_ucla
    Guest chas_ucla's Avatar

    Post

    Why don't you repeat what I stated and write down exactly how you define slander? I already provided you with a dictionary definition -- which you are unable to refute beyond the mind-numbing "it was slander" quote.

    You refuse to repeat what I wrote that set you off in the first place. You make it sound like I attacked your credibility. Kind of giving me quite a bit of credit, eh, baby boy?

    Like I wrote before, get a life.

    ------------------


    [This message has been edited by chas_ucla (edited October 23, 2001).]

  8. #68
    chas_ucla
    Guest chas_ucla's Avatar

    Post

    I went off topic to make a joke. here is what I wrote, verbatim:

    "Of course...didn't you hear...Alex is finally going to make a new Super-8 film. The topic: a guy who spends 3/4 of his day sitting at the computer, posting on message boards.

    The Super-8 Community anxiously awaits the results of what should be a masterpiece."

    If you want to call that slander, complain to Mike Brantley or hire a lawyer and sue me.

    Let me know the results of your conversations with both parties and how long it took them to stop laughing.

    Have you made any Super-8 films lately, Alex?
    Didn't think so.

    ------------------


    ------------------

  9. #69
    MikeBrantley
    Guest MikeBrantley's Avatar

    Exclamation

    All right, already. This thread long ago outlived its usefulness, so I am closing it.

    The topic is making movies with Super 8. Let's try to stick with that for a while.

    ------------------
    --Mike Brantley

  10. #70
    Mr Blackstock
    Guest Mr Blackstock's Avatar

    Post

    This is more fun reading than the yanks chasing osama!

    ------------------

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •